Same-day PrEP is the latest development in maximizing delivery of needed biomedical interventions without compromising patient adherence. This webinar will outline processes and procedures related to instigating Same Day PrEP programs. Speakers will discuss how same-day PrEP programs can affect health outcomes and how to avoid common mistakes in billing and coding practices. Join UCHAPS, HealthHIV, and jurisdictions currently running successful same-day PrEP programs for a discussion about same-day PrEP on Thursday, October 26 at 2 PM. Health departments and community organizations will be able to use this information to mobilize populations on this important topic.
Michael Ohl, MD, MSPH, Associate Professor of Medicine in the Infectious Disease Division at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine and an Investigator in the Center for Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research at the Iowa City Veterans Affairs
Angie Hoth, PharmD, MPH, TelePrEP Project Coordinator at the Signal Center at University of Iowa Health Ventures
Cody Shafer, Early Intervention Services and PrEP Coordinator with the Iowa Department of Public Health
- Discuss development of policies and procedures related to program activities and implementation of same-day PrEP
- Recognize potential barriers to implementing same-day PrEP programs, including administrative, financial and logistical challenges
- Demonstrate the impact of same-day PrEP initiation on client health outcomes
- Identify best practices for increased engagement of Black Gay Men in PrEP, and PrEP adherence.
- Describe strategies for financing same-day PrEP programs and supporting client engagement
To register, visit https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/1531371/7F675C5F90C56FC648BB9B066E1C7D6E.