Talk HIV. Test HIV. Treat HIV.
National HIV Testing Week provides an unprecedented opportunity for partners across the US to unite for one week to help more people become aware of their HIV status and to encourage those who know their HIV status and are not in regular HIV medical care to start a discussion about treatment.
Testing week seeks to:
- Encourage people that may be at risk for HIV to get tested
- Encourage healthcare professionals to offer an HIV test as part of routine care in specific settings and conditions (in line with present CDC and HRSA guidelines)
- Encourage community dialogue about HIV testing, treatment and prevention
- Support and unite community organizations to scale-up HIV testing and share lessons learned between jurisdictions across the USA
- Make more key stakeholders aware of the benefits of HIV testing initiatives and how to evaluate HIV testing practices
Helping to ensure more people become aware of their HIV status can only happen with the support of partners like you. To learn more about listing your HIV testing week activities or becoming an event sponsor, please visit National HIV Testing Week or contact Kenya Hutton at firstname.lastname@example.org.